- All-caps fonts (uppercase/lowercase-only fonts are saved to display the missing case)
- Font & glyph warnings to highlight potential issues
- Scaling guidelines to compare glyph size with a standard font
- Preview glyph name & Unicode value in Spacing & Kerning views
- Easily copy characters in Spacing & Kerning views
- Convert color fonts to “black” fonts
- Create & edit alternates via Smart Batch
- Scale a font to a specific height
- New help articles on Advanced Spacing and Kerning Groups
- Performance improvements (up to 50% faster to refresh fonts)
- New spacing & kerning sample texts to quick-start the process
- Kerning Pad bug that displayed wrong alternates
- Scrolling bug when selecting glyphs
- Alternates kerning bug when using kerning groups
- Some users weren't able to enter the license key and login successfully.
- The extension could logout after a month if it wasn't used.
- Create custom glyph for space character
- Wrong alternates in text pad when ligatures were enabled
- Create glyphs from Unicode values, like U+E902
- Create custom space characters
- Unlocking kerning group pairs prevented from reopening font files
- Monospace feature in Advanced spacing did not work
- Wrong glyph metrics after renaming & replacing a glyph
- Windows installer's title was still "v2"...
- Our EULA for the software installer
👯 Kerning Groups, you can now kern Better, Faster, Stronger...!
🔍 Import Spacing / Kerning, for font families it's a time-saver!
- Faster operations with all fonts ✨
- 🐛 Tiny bugs
- Create a ligature with multiple dot characters
- Better checks on glyphs' advance width⚠️ If you have created fonts with a version older than v2.3.3 containing alternates or ligatures or kerning, open & export the font again to get the fixes.
- A warning if you create alternate(s):
Due to a bug in Photoshop, alternates in color bitmap fonts will not show up when selecting characters that have alternate glyphs. To use alternates, pick them from the using the Window > Glyphs panel.
You can notify the Photoshop team about this issue here and help solve this bug by upvoting it ;)Fixed
- Exporting fonts on Windows should now lead to fewer invalid fonts for Latin & Cyrillic scripts, as alternates, ligatures or kerning could previously cause troubles.⚠️ If you have created fonts containing alternates or ligatures or kerning, open & export the font again to get the fixes.
- Feature parity with Fontself for Illustrator 🎉Improved
- Faster operations with color bitmap fonts🔍 Advanced Spacing
💡 Smart Batch
🎈 Scale all glyphs at once
📝 Font creation template file
- Installer issues on some computers
- No need to re-enter your personal license key
- Corrupted fonts on Windows can now be reexported to install
- Links in our chat window work again
- Please upgrade to the latest Photoshop CC 2017.0.1 update to avoid PS crashes & bugs while using color bitmap fontsImproved
- Better glyph metrics for bitmap fonts.
- If you open a document with a selection saved, the drag & drop is now working.
- Compatibility with a specific environment on macOS (it was causing a deactivation of the license when opening the extension).
- Bitmap fonts now work in Photoshop for Windows CC 2017.0.1
- Bitmap fonts now exported as both OpenType-SVG & SBIX image formats for better Mac & PC compatibilityAdded
- Automatic glyph substitution for missing capital, lowercase and accented characters (i.e. if the characters Ê or h are missing in your font, they will be replaced by the existing E or H)
- Better rendering in live preview for bitmap / color fontsFixed
- Send logs button in extension menuFixed
- Removed "Beta" from extension's menu
- Live preview for bitmap / color fonts
- New spinner (with progress indicator)Improved
- Performance when exporting bitmap / color fonts
- Auto ascender/descenderFixed
- 🐛 Bugs
- Alerts if the Fontself Generator Plugin is not found or have a problem.Improved
- Auto activation of Generator in Photoshop
- Auto-update is here!Fixed
- Style of the chat icon
- We are live, yoohoo!
PS: If you really wanna go way back in the time machine, check this out: https://www.behance.net/gallery/30245329/FONTYOURSELF-(aka-the-very-first-Fontself-project)
Enjoy & share the love!✌️
Copyright Fontself © 2008-2019